Monday, July 5, 2010

Ayam Penyet Ria

Lucky Plaza
304 Orchard Road
#01-45/46/47
#04-25/26
Tel: 6235 6390
Tel: 6235 7385
Website:www.ayampenyetria.com

ps: I (Jane) accidently deleted all the pictures so I stole this one from their website :) Not to worry though, I'll be heading down sometime soon to take more pictures. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it, right?

So if you like to torture yourself with spicy food this is the best place to do it. Personally, I'm not a fan of spicy food, so I was a little apprehensive. But Julius, being the cocky brat that he is, said he eats chilli padi for breakfast and was more than ready.

We headed down to Lucky Plaza to sample this gorgeously yummy looking dish and got a bit lost. The stall's tucked away in a corner so my suggestion is to take the escalator to the 4th level and turn left. You can't miss it.

Two plates of ayam penyet, a glass of avacado juice and chendol cost us $30. Pretty damn worth it, actually. Remember how I said I hated spicy food, apparently not that much! As for Julius-I-eat-chilli-padis-for-breakfast, he was crying like a wittle baby. All talk and no action that boy.

The chicken was oh so tender and succulent. The fried crumbs that they are very generous with is yummy when mixed with the rice or even on its own. What else is on your plate? There's a slice of fried tofu, a tempek and green leafy vege. All this mixed with their special chilli and rice is heavenly.

As for their drinks, I absolutely loved their avacado juice. It was thick, creamy and sweet. Very yum! Julius didn't quite like his chendol cos of the bits of jackfruit. He was just being a fusspot.

This place is packed during lunch and dinner on weekdays and especially the weekends. Make reservations if you hate to queue.

If you know a cheap, good place which has fan-bloody-tastic food, let us in on the secret! Email either one of us at julius@radio913.com or janedoe@radio913.com

No comments:

Post a Comment