Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gimpy, Oh Gimpy...

It was after RTS last Sunday when I finally got my chance to go over to Jane's place (although it was just a lift home)! Jane, I know where you live now... My glee, however, was short-lived when we noticed a puppy, abandoned in her cage under the block.


We approached the cage and saw this terrified, shivering, hungry, teary-eyed and SMELLY (seriously, the smell was enough to make Jane smell lovely) puppy pawing at the cage door at us. Immediately, we carried the cage, loaded it into my car, and headed for my place (oh yeah baby, Jane was comin' back to mine!). As soon as we got home, we held our breaths and showered the poor little thing. We scrubbed, lathered and repeated. In retrospect, I should've given Jane a bath as well.



All dried and fluffy, we took her from my room (yes, Jane was in my room) back downstairs to the garden for her to run around. It was then that we realized she'd been kept in her cage for so long that her hind legs were too weak to support her. She was waddling around the place like a retarded duck. It was tragically cute, though. In light of this, we called her Gimpy (it means handicapped/lame). We decided to take her to the vet in the morning and in spite of my persuading Jane to stay over, she went home. Damn.



The next day, bright and early, we were at the vet getting Jane checked for fleas. Okay no not really, cos the doctor didn't want to go anywhere near her. Isn't it awesome I'm writing the posts? I can type anything I want. Jane's a tool. Jane loves me. Jane wants me. See? So the vet gave Gimpy a thorough checkup and granted her a clean bill of health! He said that her legs needed strengthening and will recover with time. Woot!



Since then, we've been shuttling Gimpy between Jane's and my place cos we both were so smitten. She's eating and drinking well and playfully waddling about. I'm still trying to convince Jane that we should think of Gimpy as our child, but she just rolls her eyes and gives me the 'not a chance in hell, buddy' look. I'm just happy she's even looking at me.



To the previous owners of Gimpy who bloody abandoned her in a cage full of her own urine and feces: you're despicably irresponsible and should be penalized severely for committing such an inhuman act. I sincerely wish upon you the same treatment which you so repugnantly showed your dog.


To every one else, rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment